What is Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
There’s a famous story based on this mantra. It is said there was a lord who defeated death by chanting this mantra. Basically, Maha Mrityunjaya Homam or mantra is devoted to the God of Lords the great Lord Shiva and is chanted to conquer death.
It is said that this mantra is the most beatific and spiritual among all the other mantras. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is used to win over death by pleasing lord shiva. The remarks of this mantra can be found in Rigveda. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is known by many names, Tryambak mantra, Mrita Sanjivini mantra.
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is the combination of Maha means great, Mrityu which means death, and Jaya meaning triumph or conquest over death. Maha mrityunjaya mantra consists of 32 syllables.
This mantra is very famous among lord shiva’s admirers and is chanted widely by them. The chanting of the maha mrityunjaya homam can help to accomplish moksha and protects from untimely death or uncertain death and also renegades from critical illness.
Significance of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
It is believed that the maha mrityunjaya homam helps all the facets of life namely emotional, mental and physical. Chanting maha mrityunjaya homam one hundred eight times a day has many benefits for the person. He feels positive from within. This mantra keeps all the negative energies away from the chanter.
There is one condition for the maha mrityunjaya homam to work is that it should be chanted clearly with all the correct pronunciation. Even hearing of the maha mrityunjaya homam can inculcate healing powers in the person.
Chanting this mantra on a regular basis that is 108 times a day with full devotion can save a person from disease, critical illness, evil forces, negative energies and uncertain death also saves from a painful death.
The procedure of maha mrityunjaya homam
The chanting of the maha mrityunajaya homam should be done early in the morning after the bath starts with Achamana and pranayam to enhance the concentration to chant the mantra with full focus. Maha mrityunjaya kavacham is declared before and after the chant.
Maha mrityunjaya mantra should be chanted facing the east direction. A rudraksha mala can be used to chant the maha mrityunjaya homam to increase its intensity as this mantra is devoted to Lord Shiva.
Maha mrityunjaya homam can be chanted once a day or thrice, 5 times, 11 times, 21 times or 108 times a day with full devotion. The maha mrityunjaya homam can be chanted any time of the day.
Maha Mrityunjaya Homam Mantra
|| om tryaMbakam yajAmade sugandhiM pushTivardhanam |
| urvarukamiva bandhanam Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat ||
Meaning of maha mrityunjaya mantra
We worship tryambakam the three-eyed god (shiva) who is the spiritual essence and nitrifies all beings present. May lord shiva acute our worldly life and free us from the ‘fear of death’ by making us understand that our Atma never separated from the chief consciousness.
Advantages of maha mrityunjaya mantra
- Maha mrityunjaya homam protects the influencer from untimely and immature death.
- Protects the doer from critical illness, disease and evil forces.
- It makes the inner self of the performer at peace providing positive assistance.
- Keep away the negative energy and inculcate healing powers.
- Blessed, a person with a long and healthy life brings positivity to life.
- Maha mrityunjaya homam fulfils the wish of the doer.
- This mantra has positive effects and keeps the stress and trouble away.
- Protect the person from any mishappening which is painful to suffer.
- By chanting the maha mrityunjaya homam every day you can feel there is a balance in your life which earlier feels to be scattered away.
When to perform maha mrityunjaya homam
Maha mrityunjaya hoamam or mantra is performed to please the great lord shiva. To bring harmony and peace in life and to manipulate immature death this homam is performed. This homam can be performed according to the Hindu lunar calendar.
Days for maha mrityunjaya homam
- Mondays: Monday is the day of the lord shiva and this homam is completely dedicated to him. So Monday is the best day to perform this homam.
- Pradosham: it is said that this comes only twice every lunar month. Lord Shiva is in his most tender state. So this day is the most favourable day to perform maha mrityunjaya homam.
- Shravan maas: there is a whole month dedicated to lord shiva that’s Shravan month. In order to carry out the maha mrityunjaya homam this entire month is considered favourable.
- Maha Shivratri: maha shivratri is the day of lord shiva and is celebrated by Hinduism with great excitement. This day is the most auspicious one in order to perform this homam.
Who can perform Maha mrityunjaya mantra
Anyone who is looking for harmony and peace in their life can perform maha mrityunjaya homam. But it is best suited for the person suffering from critical illness and disease and who is surrounded by negative energy as this homam works the best for them.
Maha mrityunjaya can be performed by anyone who fears immature death and want to attain peace and moksha after death or want to stay away from evil spirits and negative energy. Did you know? Pandit for Ratha Sapthami Pooja can be booked from the portal 99pandit. The person who is suffering from some kind of disease also performs maha mrityunjaya homam.
For more informative details do visit the 99Pandit site and book a pandit for yourself too if you want to attain moksha.